07 December 2008

"Waking Up and Rising"

We can remove the walls of fallen light
by refilling empty hearts and bellies
with loving actions worthy of such change

braiding a web of justice, power and integrity

We can balance the shadows in our lives
by weaving thicker strands of light
into each and every relationship around us

braiding our way to peace, health and happiness

But can we come with empty hands
pretending to be free from those hiding in the shadows?
Is that the way we want to live our light?

braiding a web of lies and further entangling ourselves?

We can instead, be with those who take a stand
by cutting the power to the twisted confusion
with the strength from decades of dreaming

waking up and rising because we are able.

by Daniel Mark

this poem was first published by the Common Ground News Service
May 28, 2004




"Fear not, for I am with you;

be not dismayed, for I am your God

I will strengthen you.

Yes, I will help you and will uphold you

with My righteous hand."

Isaiah 41 : 10





1 comment:

Claudia Henzler - HENZLERWORKS said...

I love your blog,Daniel! It´s wonderful. Thank you for your peace efforts.
Remembering the time when I lived in Jerusalem in 2005-2006 I am now sending you:

Love from Austria
Claudia Henzler

HENZLERWORKS
photos with a message
www.faces-of-israel.blogspot.com
www.thepeacesite.blogspot.com